Who are you and what is your position with BGP?
- My name is Brianna Rivera & I am BGP’s Curriculum Coordinator.
How did you get involved with BGP?
- I got involved with BGP through the COO, Onna Jones. She thought I’d be a great fit and knew I loved working with children. She invited me to a meeting and from that very first day, I felt like I was surrounded by family.
Where did you grow up?
- I grew up in a small South Jersey town named Pittsgrove.
What are you passionate about?
- I am very passionate about the education of children. My goal is to encourage children to never stop learning, never stop growing, and that they can do anything they put their mind to.
What’s the biggest project on your to-do list right now?
- GRADUATE SCHOOL!
Have you ever traveled outside of the country? If so, where?
- Yes. Puerto Rico, Bermuda, and the Bahamas.
What is your favorite fruit? Vegetable? Flower?
- Pineapple! My favorite vegetable would have to be corn on the cob. I love the rose.
What’s your favorite way to express your creativity?
- Through my photography.
What does a normal Tuesday look like for you?
- Working all day with my Pre-K kiddies, then I go to my grad class.
What is your life motto/mantra?
- Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.