1. Who are you and what is your position with the BGP?
- I am the Bullock Garden Project’s Chief Operation Officer (COO).
2. How did you get involved with BGP?
- I got involved with BGP many moons ago. I was involved in the beginning phases of the first ever garden at Bullock Elementary School. From there I began working closely with Sonya and shared my dreams and visions for non-profits to help children all over the country. Not knowing Sonya had the same vision, she asked me to assist with the start up for this non-profit that we all love so dearly.
3. Where did you grow up?
- I grew up in Deptford, NJ. However, I spent a lot of my childhood years in Glassboro with my grandmother and other immediate family.
4. What are you passionate about?
- I have so many passions. I often find myself filling my plate with so many things because it is so hard to focus on just one. My main passion would be service to others. I truly believe you haven’t lived until you have been a great service to others. Small or large acts of service go a long way in the world.
5. What’s the biggest project on your to-do list right now?
- My biggest project on my to-do list is converting my home office into a nursery for my daughter. Although I have a few months, the pressure of maternal nesting has gone into effect.
6. Have you ever traveled outside of the country? If so, where?
- I have, but I do not remember much of my trip because I was so young. But I am planning my next trip out of the country and that will be to the Bahamas.
7. What is your favorite fruit? Vegetable? Flower?
- My favorite fruit is strawberries, my favorite vegetable is green peppers, and my favorite flower is a Dahlia.
8. What’s your favorite way to express your creativity?
- My favorite way to express my creativity is by finding a DIY project and putting my own twist on it.
9. What does a normal Tuesday look like for you?
- A normal Tuesday includes me going to work, having individual sessions with the members in my program, coming home and cooking dinner for my husband and I, and doing a daily debrief while we enjoy dinner!
10. What is your life motto/mantra?
- My favorite life motto/mantra is “Keep on keeping on”. I found this in a fortune cookie 3 years ago and I have kept it with me since.